IMPAC5: 5th International Marine Protected Areas Congress
IMPAC5 is where we will come together and take a stand to protect the ocean.
Join us in Vancouver, Canada for the 5th International Marine Protected Areas Congress (IMPAC5), a global forum that brings together ocean conservation professionals and high-level officials to inform, inspire and act on marine protected areas.
3-9 February 2023
Welcoming the World
IMPAC5 is an opportunity to bring together Indigenous peoples and cultures from around the world to embrace a collaborative approach and learn from Indigenous leadership in ocean conservation.
FIVE REASONS TO ATTEND IMPAC5
- Join thousands of marine protected area professionals from around the world to chart a course towards protecting 30% of the ocean by 2030.
- Enjoy breathtaking mountain and ocean views from the Vancouver Convention Centre, the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified facility.
- Learn about traditional marine protection practices and innovative sustainability initiatives from local and international indigenous experts.
- Join young leaders from across the globe in discussions and activities that showcase youth engagement in MPAs.
- Explore Canada’s west coast through group excursions on the ocean and along the shore around Vancouver, B.C. – North America’s top major city with the smallest carbon footprint.