Skip to content
Emma Griggs
Participant

Good morning everyone! My name is Emma. and I live and work in Vancouver, BC – the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. I grew up in B.C. as a daughter of European immigrants who couldn’t resist the call of B.C.’s mountains. Following my love of the outdoors, I studied in Australia, Namibia, trekked through the Himalayas and completed a BSc in Natural Resource Conservation at UBC. I am personally fascinated by the challenges and potential of multi-party collaboration, have a particular passion for B.C.’s wild spaces and can be found on many weekends in muddy hiking boots.
Since Fall 2019, I’ve been working at the BC Parks Foundation, working in a small but powerful team that aims to enhance and improve our provincial parks system and connect people to it. In it’s three years of operation, BCPF has raised over $10 million for the parks system, fostered the collection of 1 million citizen science observations, launched Canada’s first park prescription program, and more.