Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are now seeking applicants to for the role of Outdoor Education Administrator and Guide.
This is a key role in Mulgrave’s developing Outdoor Education (OE) programs both at the West Vancouver campus and at the school’s Outdoor education centre in Squamish. This will include planning and executing the school’s extensive Pre-K to grade 12 program, in close collaboration with other members of the Outdoor Education team and faculty and staff from across the school. The successful applicant will be an effective forward planner, systems organiser, problem solver and administrator as well as being a knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic outdoor educator with at least 2 years of wilderness guiding experience with school-aged children and adults.
In order to provide the best possible learning environment for our highly diverse, multicultural student population, Mulgrave actively seeks to recruit staff members from groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in independent and international school faculties. BIPoC and 2SLGBTQ+ practitioners and those with disabilities are warmly encouraged to apply, and invited to reach out for more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Execute the policies and procedures relevant to the scope of operations within the department
Outdoor Education gear maintenance, repair, and inventorying
- Possibly manage the schools climbing centre
- A wide range of administrative tasks associated with the outdoor education program, including the preparation of documents (presentation slides, spreadsheets, and letters) that support the execution of our OE programs
- Coordination of bookings and related needs, including transportation and rentals
- Support the administration of external/internal bookings of the SOLE Centre
- Help in the development and facilitation of a variety of outdoor education experiences on and off campus
- Development and supervision of a variety of overnight and weekend trips throughout the year
- Work with a variety of grade levels from Pre-K to grade 12
- Occasional bus driving for OE groups
- Establish strong, positive relationships with students and foster a healthy environment for outdoor education in accordance with the mission and values of the school
See full job posting here.