The Administrative Manager position is responsible for providing office management and financial and operational support for two conservation programs operating from the WCS Canada office in Whitehorse, Yukon — Northern Boreal Mountains and Arctic Beringia programs. This position will work closely with the co-leads of the Northern Boreal Mountains (NBM) program and the lead of the Arctic Beringia (AB) program, and in close coordination with the Director of Finances and Operations located in the WCS Head Office in Toronto, Ontario. This position has the potential to expand into additional areas in support of our conservation programs and activities.
The ideal candidate is an individual that is motivated to provide support to mission-driven teams; has demonstrable experience with the administration and management of the financial and operational functions of an organization; is a Yukon resident with ready physical access to Whitehorse; and has an interest in the conservation of wildlife and nature.
- Provide effective financial management support for the NBM and AB programs.
- Provide administration and operational support for the Whitehorse office.
- Provide support with fundraising and grants management for the NBM and AB programs
- Coordinate closely with central management, finance, fundraising and communication teams that operate from the WCS Canada head office.
- Assist program leads with the preparation of annual budgets and work plans.
- Prepare and submit quarterly expense reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the NBM and AB program leads and additional reports as needed.
- Manage program spending against grants ensuring spending is aligned with funding agreement budgets.
- Manage funding information for the programs in coordination with the WCS Canada Fundraising Team, including relevant documents, information about key dates and deliverables, etc.
- Provide support with the development of funding proposals and funder reports to meet deadlines.
- Provide support with the recruitment and management of seasonal staff, in coordination with hiring manager and the WCS Canada Manager of Human Resources.
Support the preparation of legal agreements, primarily consulting and other service contracts, including contract modifications as needed.
- Provide office management support to the WCS Canada Whitehorse office, including purchasing and general IT support.
- Coordinate meeting, workshop and event logistics as required.
- Coordinate travel arrangements in support of meetings and fieldwork as required.
- Provide communications support including assisting with the development of communication materials and coordinating with WCS Canada communications staff.
- Ensure finance and operations workflows and practices adhere to WCS Canada policies and guideline.
- Other program support as required.
See full job posting here.