The Wildlife Rehabilitator will participate in all wildlife care duties and the daily operation of the centre, including rescue and rehabilitation of wildlife, in addition to maintenance of facilities and cleaning. By telephone and in person, the successful candidate will promote the BC SPCA philosophy and mandate with respect to wildlife and animal welfare. You will work in a humane, professional, and responsible manner, and encourage by teaching and example, other staff and volunteers to show the same qualities. You will maintain operations to BC SPCA Wild ARC guidelines in conjunction with IWRC/NWRA minimum standards for wildlife rehabilitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in all daily animal care duties including admission, rescue, triage, examination, treatment, diet planning, food preparation, feeding and release
• Perform duties as required including answering phone calls, interacting with the public, veterinarians, government, etc. in order to maintain centre operations
• Ensure facility hygiene and adherence to health and safety protocols
• Assist in the training and management of volunteers
• Maintain detailed records including patient-files, care instructions, and patient log book; perform data entry of files and analysis of records
• Rescue and transport wildlife
• Participate in cage design, construction, and maintenance as required
• Pick up supplies and donations as required
• Attend and participate in team meetings, training, workshops and other projects as required
• Liaise with other rehabilitation organizations and perform regular research to ensure highest standards of animal care; stay abreast of current wildlife rehabilitation practices
• Work shifts as required (weekends, evenings, stat holidays) and perform other related duties as assigned
See full job posting here.