We’re seeking an extraordinary leader for a career-defining role to oversee municipal services, infrastructure and visitor services at the amazing Cypress Hills Provincial Provincial Park and Writing-on-Stone/Aisinai’pi; Canada’s newest World Heritage Site. Few jobs will give this scope of operational responsibilities while still being reasonable in scale.
The Manager influences all aspects of the visitor experience; from local recreation users in campgrounds, to municipal services delivered to businesses and a cottage community. This role encompasses the planning, delivery and evaluation of;
· Professional education and interpretation programs for schools and tourists
· Infrastructure management (e.g. buildings, roads, trails, marina)
· A small Alpine Ski/Snowboard resort (25k skier visits annually)
· Campgrounds (500+ sites), group camps, cabins, hut-to-hut system
· Retail (Gift shop, food and beverage)
· UNESCO World Heritage Site
· Wildfire management
· Municipal services (e.g Potable water plants, distribution and sewage systems, solid waste)
Works with a team of up to 14 permanent staff and up to 100 seasonal wage staff. With each program leader in the Area reporting directly to the Area Manager, the scope and breadth of decision making and guidance required from the Manager is extensive. The Manager is also the Area lead for site specific information and guidance for the development of operational plans, input into management plans, creating and maintaining field level relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients, carrying out human resources delegated authorities as required, and primary expenditure officer and decision maker on the assigned budgets.