Website BC Parks Foundation
The BC Parks Foundation’s goal is to create the greatest system of parks and protected areas on earth. It has launched a 25×25 expedition with four objectives, including protecting 25% of land and waters, safeguarding biodiversity through 25 million observations of nature, helping people enjoy 25 safe and responsible park activities, and improving human health through British Columbians spending a minimum of 2.5 hours a week in nature.
The Foundation measures its success by meeting these mission targets, and by the number of supporters and resources (funds, volunteer hours, in-kind, etc.) generated for its mission. A key element of achieving its goals, objectives, and metrics is to make it possible for all British Columbians, especially equity deserving people, to experience time in parks, increasing their enjoyment, learning, health, and stewardship of nature. The Foundation makes it easy for all British Columbians to get outside, by providing resources bookable program, guides, and grants.
The Scheduling Coordinator’s main role is to maintain an efficient calendar of bookable events through the Discover Parks platform to allow British Columbians to experience parks programming, new places and activities, responsibly and safely.
The Scheduler will:
- Create and set schedules for Discover Parks Ambassador interpretive programming and events in parks
- Share and promote events and programming through the Discover Parks platform
- Assist Marketing with up-to-date event information to assist with event promotion
- Coordinate with community partners and schedule programming with Discover Parks Ambassadors Engage and assist third party event providers to post events on the Discover Parks
- Provide program leaders with up to date with participant sign up information
- Identify barriers to people engaging with posted programming and suggest changes/resources that lower or remove these barriers
- Provide content and input to BCPF campaigns, such as 25×25
- Contribute to and utilize a data driven research and evaluation system that allows the Foundation to assess and adjust all aspects of its work in order to continually improve, in conjunction with Operations staff
- Connect with and contribute to respectful relationships with Indigenous peoples
- Connect with and contribute to respectful relationships with BC Parks and other park partners
- Report on metrics, accomplishments, risks and opportunities, and make recommendations on new strategies and approaches
- Develop and recommend policies and processes where necessary to accomplish the mission and mitigate risk
- Contribute to a constructive, results oriented, and inspiring organizational culture
- Other duties as required
All employees may carry out a range of functions beyond their core roles and are expected to help with advancing the organization as a whole.
See full job description here.
To apply for this job please visit bcparksfoundation.bamboohr.com.