Website Metro Vancouver
Multiple Positions in Metro Vancouver Regional District (Mainland/Southwest)
Have a passion for nature and the outdoors? Enjoy connecting with the community? Experience variety and excitement in this healthy work environment. Learn new skills and earn competitive wages operating and maintaining a regional park. Help us to protect Metro Vancouver’s natural areas and connect people with them.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as: collecting garbage and litter; cleaning and sanitizing toilet facilities; grass cutting and trimming; maintaining trails, buildings, bridges, boardwalks, picnic and camp sites; repairing tools; and washing and staining tables.
- Patrols park areas as required to help ensure public safety.
- Assists with construction improvements in parks such as bridges, trails, culverts, buildings, boardwalks, gates, fences, corrals, water lines, and docking facilities.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as small tractors and attached mowers, trucks, push mowers, weed eaters, vacuums, and rock drills.
- Provides information, education, and assistance to the public.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU HAVE:
- Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Demonstrated good judgment in interpreting park regulations.
- Proficient English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate difficult terrain, walk long distances, and carry out a variety of tasks that require considerable physical exertion.
- Available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
POSSIBLE TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Wildfire Suppression (S-100),
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS),
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1),
- Equipment Operations (such as small tractor, ride-mower, weed eater, chainsaw),
- Safe Boating Operations,
- Radio Communications,
- Bear Awareness,
- Park Officer,
- Incident Command System (ICS),
- Workplace Safety
$29.40/hour plus 6.25% deferred compensation.
Vary from two to ten months year-round at most regional parks.
HOURS OF WORK:
Full-time positions work 40 hours per week. Reduced-time positions vary with positions from 16 to 24 hours per week.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ2S+, all genders, and persons with disabilities.
Metro Vancouver has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. The policy requires all individuals hired by Metro Vancouver to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any exemptions or accommodations and be required to provide proof of vaccination. Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/
Please note that we do not accept applications by email.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.