Website Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada
Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC), is hiring for a Director of Partnerships to join
their growing team.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position is responsible in supporting relationships and
partnerships and to develop and implement programs across Canada, to establish and grow
regional Indigenous tourism associations.
Additionally, the Director of Partnerships will oversee corporate communications, internal market
research, international projects, and memberships. The Director of Partnerships will work with,
and support the Executive Management team, including the President and CEO, as it relates to
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
▪ Manage and oversee the following staff/departments:
o Manager International Projects
o Manager Corporate Communications
o Market Research Specialist
o Memberships Specialist
o Parks Canada Specialist
▪ Create an open, supportive, and collaborative staff environment.
▪ Based on the ITAC strategy and action plan, define departmental goals and objectives,
establish and uphold performance standards, conduct ongoing coaching, and deliver
effective performance reviews.
▪ Lead the organization by example, and effectively manage, guide and direct staff.
▪ Provide guidance and support to staff to enable them to effectively manage their time
▪ Participate in the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process of new team members.
▪ Provide ongoing training and development to staff.
▪ In support of the CEO, maintain partnerships and relations with various organizations
such as; regional destination marketing organizations, Parks Canada, Tourism HR
Canada, NIO’s, government partners.
▪ Assist with demonstrating the value of ITAC through research, reporting to partners /
members, via newsletters, web news, blogs.
▪ Provide support in building partnerships and developing plans and programs with
provinces and territories to establish and grow regional Indigenous tourism
▪ Assist with exploring revenue generation to further strengthen ITAC’s
Support networking opportunities and regional participation in industry meetings.
▪ Unite the Indigenous tourism industry in Canada, bringing together members and key
industry organizations to build collaboration and maximize results.
▪ Expand the tourism industry, Indigenous support organizations and economic
development partnership agreements, and explore new partnership agreements.
▪ Maintain and establish collaborative opportunities via board and committee
▪ Partner with organizations to leverage funding support towards the growth of the
Indigenous tourism industry.
▪ Establish new associations or expand existing partnership agreements already in place.
▪ Explore new partnership and MOU agreements which would benefit ITAC and its
▪ University degree with a focus on Business or equivalent, Masters is an asset.
▪ Extensive knowledge of ITAC operations and Indigenous communities, businesses,
and similar organizations across Canada
▪ Minimum of 7 years senior operational experience
▪ A minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience
▪ Extensive experience with financial statements, reports, and budgets
▪ Proven experience in developing tourism strategy
▪ Excellent relationship building skills
▪ Demonstrates the ability to influence and gain buy-in
▪ Exceptional presentation, and communication skills
▪ Demonstrates passion and commitment to ITAC
Open to any location across Canada
Note: There will be extensive travel with this position
To apply to this position, please respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org submitting an
up-to-date cover letter, and resume detailing your experience and qualifications as well as
outlining why you are interested in this position with ITAC.