Intermediate Wildlife/Wetland Biologist
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Category: Environmental Science
Job ID: GES0001OO
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re helping our clients protect our world’s natural resources. As a wildlife biologist, you will provide technical direction and support for the wildlife biology components of our challenging natural resource projects, as well as mentoring and guidance to our team of biologists. Pave the way for your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. You’ll impact the world around you by helping us solve real-life challenges.
Based out of one of our offices in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, this position will begin as a temporary assignment (flex contract, approximately 6 months) with opportunity for extension or transfer into full-time. You’ll have the opportunity to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams associated with our Western Canada Offices to contribute directly to the environmental planning, permitting, and support efforts of government and privately-owned infrastructure projects. As an Intermediate Biologist with a focus on wildlife and wetlands, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a field crew, including data collection efforts, client support, and some technical writing. This is a science-based role, and the successful candidate will have a known reputation in the industry as a technical expert and has shown integrity for the work completed. While wildlife and wetland studies will comprise the majority of work, the Intermediate Biologist could also be required to support other biophysical disciplines as needed. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we continuously work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology or other environmental discipline, primarily related to wildlife and wetlands, or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Relevant professional experience in environmental consulting related to wildlife and wetlands
• Minimum 2 years’ experience conducting avian field surveys in the prairies with an ability to lead wildlife-related field studies, directing and/or managing wildlife crews in remote settings, with an emphasis on wildlife feature searches, bird nest searches, and amphibian surveys and relocations
• Proficiency in satellite imagery interpretation, classification of wetlands, and delineation of wetlands in the field
• Willingness to work in the field in remote locations for extended periods of time and overnight at hotels and project work camps
• A driver’s license and ability to provide a clean, 3 year driving abstract
• Eligibility to fly on domestic flights as per current Federal Regulations
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Previous consulting experience and experience working with adverse range of industrial clients
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines
• Demonstrated commitment and accountability to providing quality products
• Positive attitude, self-motivated with strong initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and suited to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience in support of other biophysical study areas such as rare plants, weeds, and/or fisheries both during field assessments and with office tasks
• Ability to think strategically in developing novel approaches to wildlife management and mitigation
• Experience in client liaison and business development
• Preference will be given to candidates with valid First Aid and H2S certifications as well as additional safety tickets such as TDG, WHMIS, Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST)
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.