Website Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
Summer 2022 Contract
Bradford, Ontario and Durham Region, Ontario
Hourly Wage Rate: $16.44 to $20.55
The Conservation Areas Assistants will be involved with tree planting in the Spring and will support a variety of conservation area related operations and maintenance tasks throughout the rest of the summer. Positions will be based out of Scanlon Creek Conservation Area, Bradford, and Durham Regional Forest, Uxbridge.
What you offer
- Enrollment or completion of post-secondary education, with a preference for candidates with a focus in Parks and Recreation, Forestry, Resource Management, or related discipline.
- Experience working outdoors with a variety of hand and power tools (mowers, grass trimmers, pruners, power drills, saws, etc.).
- Experience with general facility maintenance including painting, cleaning, and construction.
- Experience working with the public.
- Ability to work in the field in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain.
- Ability to operate vehicles / lawn cutting equipment / and various park related equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. of weight.
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimal supervision.
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate required.
- Valid Class “G” Ontario driver’s license required.
- Clear driver’s abstract required (condition of employment).
- Green Patch safety boots.
What you will do
- Assist with conservation area and facility maintenance programs including cleaning and maintenance, garbage and recycling, public washroom cleaning and maintenance, trail inspections and maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Routine landscaping including grass cutting and trimming, assist with hazard tree removal and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare picnic and camping sites based on requirements of day use permits and monitor adherence to site reservations.
- Provide services and information to Conservation Area visitors.
Hours of work
8:00am to 3:30pm: (30-minute unpaid lunch)
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #02-2022, by 4:00 pm on March 18, 2022, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
In accordance with the Authority’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire, unless medically exempt or otherwise exempt under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Successful candidates will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to show proof prior to their employment start date. Acceptable proof includes a government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
In the event that a candidate is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, the candidate must submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt from this requirement.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.