Website Naramata Centre
Are you between the ages of 18 and 30? This could be an opportunity for you! Work in a collaborative, safe and inclusive environment on the shores of Lake Okanagan where we encourage you to be authentically yourself.
Community is the heart of Naramata Centre. Our Summer Leadership Program invites young adults into an immersive experience of individual and collective transformation in an intergenerational spiritual community. Our strong focus on leadership training in areas such as team building, conflict resolution, group facilitation, and empathetic listening equips summer leaders to serve Centre participants, staff, and each other. This dynamic role calls on summer leaders to embrace the challenges and joys of community life.
Summer Leaders will have the opportunity to rotate through all areas of Naramata Centre operations including Children and Youth Programs, Community Life activities and events, Hospitality and Guest Services, Office Administration, and Groundskeeping. Through this work, summer leaders will build skills, make lasting relationships, and leave inspired to make a difference in the world.
- Developing and running, in consultation with the Community Life Coordinator and weekly facilitators, youth and children’s programs;
- Actively participate in leadership and personal development training, office administration, grounds and maintenance;
- Assisting the Naramata Staff Team and Program Leaders in keeping the land and buildings clean, safe and in good repair, including weekly room turnover housekeeping and daily composting duties;
- Participate as members of the Community Life Team, assisting the Community Life Coordinator, Program Manager, community life leaders in community
- Assist staff and volunteers to physically prepare the Centre for its busy summer season;
- Provide audio/visual technical support to music leaders;
- Provide assistance to the Program Manager in preparing for and supporting the delivery of paid programs with independent program leaders;
- Delivering program surveys and tracking feedback for impact reports;
- Assist in the setup and teardown of weekly events;
- Providing assistance to the Office Administrator in managing the weekly welcome and registration of all participants and other support as required;
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans and social media communication pertaining to programming and community life activities;
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability:
- Interested in learning about and supporting the variety of roles that encompass the overall management of a nonprofit retreat center
- Knowledge of and ability to uphold Naramata Centre Values: Collaboration, Diversity, Integrity, Resilience, Reverence
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of creating inclusive, accessible experiences
- Interest in personal development and growth
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Express sound judgment and initiative
- Able to maintain positive relationships with a variety of people including program leaders, volunteers, Centre staff and the public
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to follow direction and offer input
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Familiar with group dynamics and conflict resolution strategies
- Willing and able to work long hours including evenings and weekends
- Willing to support other staff and contribute to a dynamic team
- Able to complete work and respond to requests/queries in a timely manner
- Desire to develop own and other Summer Staff’s leadership skills using a wholistic mindset
- Demonstrated previous group leadership
- Experience or interest in social media and marketing
- Experience or interest in working with youth ages 12-17 and children ages 5-11
- Experience or interest in environmental conservation
- First-aid training (provided if uncertified);
- Foodsafe certification (provided if uncertified);
- Live onsite (accommodations provided);
- Able to use personal computer and phone for Centre related tasks;
- Fully vaccinated
Note: This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- This position is subject to Canada Summer Jobs grant funding approval
- This position is subject to a satisfactory background check
There will be 5 Summer Intern positions available for 10 weeks from June through August. Summer Interns will be required to be available for the full term.
For a more detailed job description, visit – https://www.naramatacentresociety.org/summer-staff
The position will be open until filled.
Duration: 2 months
Salary: $16.00-$17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Wellness program
- What does living in a community mean to you?
- Are you able and willing to live on-site for 10-weeks at the Centre?
Expected start date: 2022-06-20
To apply for this job please visit www.naramatacentresociety.org.