Website Nupqu Resource Limited Partnershi
Nupqu Resource Limited Partnership, associated with Ktunaxa Enterprises Ltd, is a growing First Nations-owned business. With offices in Cranbrook, Castlegar, and Fernie, BC, Nupqu conduct a wide variety of work: providing environmental, biological, archaeological, forestry, contract management, and safety-related consulting services to a variety of clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized, and responsible individual to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
This position will consist of full-time permanent employment managed out of the Cranbrook, BC office while supporting our other operations needs. The successful candidate should have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
· Project performance management, oversight, and reporting of Environment, Forestry, Safety, and Contract Management Divisions.
· Provide leadership, supervision, and empowerment of Project Managers in Environmental, Forestry, Safety, and Contract Management Divisions. Following up and addressing challenges between divisions and teams; facilitating feedback discussions with clients and subcontractors.
· Assign and monitor work of Project Managers; coordinate staff and cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks.
· Monitor internal operational processes for efficiency and effectiveness; develop and implement improvements.
· Oversee project development, including:
a. Project engagement with clients as appropriate, proposal support, cost estimate support, project set up, contracts review, subcontractor vetting and agreements; environment, health, and safety planning; template creation and management and utilization tracking.
· Carry out short-term project management.
· Know and ensure implementation and adherence of company policies and reporting.
· Ensure completion of Client-specific financial and socioeconomic reporting requirements, separate from project-specific deliverables.
· Support Project Managers to ensure sufficient and stable resources to meet project needs. Identify challenges and resource needs (both equipment and personnel) and liaise with the Senior Management/Administration team to provide solutions and planning.
· Work with Nupqu Project Managers, President, and Native Plants and Archaeology Division Managers; as well as Ktunaxa Enterprises Ltd, and sister companies to develop new business opportunities and manage client relationships.
· Support planning of marketing and communications strategies.
· Work with Project Managers to ensure compliance with health and safety policies, procedures, and expectations. QAQC of safety practices/procedures/implementation. Coordination and support/championing of training needs and safety culture, client/project requirements are met.
· Work with Project Managers, Controller, and President to ensure financial oversight regarding budgeting, expenses, and invoicing.
- A post-Secondary Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Biological Sciences, Engineering, Forestry, other related Resource Science Discipline
- Currently registered or eligible for registration with a Professional Association
- Professional Management Professional Designation and asset
- Business related degree/additional education is considered an asset
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· 10 years or more project management or 5 years operations management experience
· Experience managing complex projects for a variety of clients in different industrial settings (Mining, Energy, Construction, Land Development, Forestry)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Billquick, Project Management Software, Inventory management software platforms
- Strong sense of accountability to results with the capacity to seek assistance
- Can adhere to the Nupqu Values: Respect, Safety, Leadership, Integrity/Accountability, Strength, Unity, Stewardship
- Ability to organize, handle and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience in procurement processes including contract development
- Strong client relations skills with the ability to communicate on a technical and logistical level
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent reasoning skills with the ability to manage change and solve problems effectively
- Team player, ability to work collaboratively with a range of staff towards shared goals and objectives
- Effective communication skills – oral, written & interpersonal
- Ability and experience managing employees in a remote working environment
The Project Manager position is based out of an office setting but also may require periodic trips to the field and travel between Nupqu offices. Office work will require extended periods of sitting and extended periods of computer and office equipment use, which can cause muscle strain. Some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time is also required.
To apply for this job please visit nupqu.com.