Website Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds
Full Job Description
The Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds (SAW) is a non-profit, environmental organization whose mandate is to deliver projects and programming to protect, improve and sustain ground and surface water quality for urban and rural communities across Saskatchewan
We are seeking to hire several Agri-Environmental Watershed Coordinators to join our team across all four Saskatchewan watershed districts. Successful candidates can be hired on a full time, part time or contractual basis and will report to the District Manager. Successful candidates will have knowledge of current Saskatchewan agriculture trends and issues. They will be leaders in delivering agricultural beneficial management programming to agriculture producers and additional watershed stewardship/management programs across Saskatchewan.
· Promote the adoption and implementation of nitrogen management, cover crop and rotational grazing beneficial management practices to Saskatchewan agricultural producers through the Prairie Watersheds Climate Program.
· Work with agricultural producers to successfully implement beneficial management practices on the landscape and aid them with accessing program funding through the Prairie Watersheds Climate Program.
· Aid in the organization of agricultural producer extension events.
· Effectively communicate program initiatives to agricultural producers and assist them in accessing project funding.
Work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
Frequently travel domestically; may require evening and weekend hours.
Organize and maintain a variety of files and documents
· Assist in the delivery of various other watershed programming
· Work closely with the District Manager to ensure successful program delivery.
Undergraduate degree or diploma in agriculture, natural resources management, conservation, environmental science or another related field of study, and at least 2 years experience in agri-environmental initiatives, land conservation, stewardship, or related field.
· Proficient at using project management software. This should include knowledge of Microsoft, email and virtual software, and mobile devices.
· Have a forward-thinking mindset, strategic experience, and planning skills.
Experience working with agriculture producers, rural municipalities and industry.
Experience in delivering programming to agricultural producers.
Experience in developing and managing multiple projects and timelines.
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
· Goal-driven, organized, and efficient.
· Having a vehicle and a Class 5 Drivers License is required for this position.
Advanced degree is appreciated.
Professional Agrologist designation or eligibility is desired but is not a requirement.
Project management skills.
Strong team player who can build relationships and work successfully with agricultural producers, stakeholders, industry and government.
Clear written and spoken communication in English.
· There are 12 positions available across Saskatchewan. Location will vary between working remotely or in an office setting depending on district office location. Watershed District Map is located on the SAW website at www.saskwatersheds.ca
Salary range is $44,000 to $57,000 annually (full time) based on experience. Benefit packages included in the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit applications to:
Bridget Andrews, Executive Director
Saskatchewan Association of Watersheds
Applicants are asked to clearly describe in their resume and cover letter how they have gained the required knowledge and abilities. Selections for interviews will be made based on this information.
Closing Date: April 22, 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 24 months
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: $44,000.00-$57,000.00 per year
Extended health care
8 hour shift
Application deadline: 2022-04-22
Expected start date: 2022-05-02