Website Stanley Park Ecology Society
Do you enjoy working with children and spending your days outside? Volunteer with SPES’s EcoCamp this Spring Break and help to empower young people (7-11 years old) to connect with nature in meaningful ways. If you’re looking to learn more about the ecology of Stanley Park and develop your skills working with children, then this may be the perfect role for you!
Our Spring Break EcoCamp will take place between the following dates:
Week 1: Monday March 14 – Friday March 18
Week 2: Monday March 21 – Friday March 25
Volunteer shifts will be four hours long. We are looking for volunteers to be able to commit to at least one full week of morning (8:30am-12:30pm) or afternoon (12:30pm-4:30pm) shifts. If you are interested in joining us for longer then please let us know.
Alongside SPES Educators, EcoCamp Assistants will:
- Support preparations for and delivery of fun and educational activities;
- Assist in supervising and managing EcoCampers and be a positive role model;
- Ensure EcoCampers are adhering to COVID-19 safety protocols.
Volunteers must be available for a two-hour training session on one of the following dates:
Friday March 11 4pm-6pm
Saturday March 12 10am-12pm
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old;
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills;
- A willingness to work outdoors, come rain or shine;
- Experience working with elementary aged school children is an asset but not required.
- Gain experience working with children in a beautiful outdoor setting;
- Empower future environmental stewards with an understanding and appreciation of nature;
- Spend Spring Break in Stanley Park, volunteering with like-minded people in a fun working environment;
- Attend the season’s volunteer appreciation event;
- Access the benefits available to all SPES volunteers including discounted events and memberships;
- Reference letter available after completion of 30 hours volunteering.
Please email Sarah More, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com with the following:
- Your resume.
- A short description detailing (i) why you are interested in volunteering as an EcoCamp Assistant; (ii) why you believe you are suitable for the role and (iii) any relevant experience you may have.
- The week(s) you are available to volunteer.
To apply for this job please visit stanleyparkecology.ca.