Website Western Woodlot Services Cooperative Ltd
- Forest Management/Forest Resources Management
- or equivalent experience
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
Area of Specialization
- Wildlife ecology and management
- Timber harvesting or production
- Forest biology and ecology
- Forest economics
- Forest engineering and harvesting
- Forest industry
- Plan and direct forest surveys and related studies and prepare reports and recommendations
- Establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources
- Plan and direct woodlands harvesting, reforestation, silviculture and fire prevention and fire suppression programs
- Plan and direct road building, wildlife management, environmental protection and insect and vegetation control programs
- Negotiate terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management and leasing of forest lands
- Monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities
- Ensure adherence to government regulations and company objectives
- Plan and conduct public relations programs, and education and extension programs related to forestry
- Provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, municipal, provincial or federal governments or to companies
- Remote work available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
To apply for this job please visit www.jobbank.gc.ca.