Website Yukon Wildlife Preserve
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Are you interested in working in beautiful outdoor settings, helping youth to connect with Yukon wildlife? The Yukon Wildlife Preserve is seeking reliable, dynamic and engaging team-players to deliver and assist in the development of our environmental education school programs and nature camps to children aged 6-12. These take place at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve, except for the Swan Haven programs which take place at Marsh Lake during April.
The Yukon Wildlife Preserve is a zoological institution and a non-profit charity, dedicated to education, conservation and research on Boreal and Arctic Ecology. This position is well suited to candidates studying education, interpretation, community development, social sciences, environmental science, zoology, biology or a related field. The YWP is seeking to build a diverse and energetic staff to achieve our mission!
The Preserve is hiring multiple positions to fill the following contract dates:
March 13th 2023 – August 25 2023
March 29th 2023 – April 28 2023
May 1 2023 – August 23 2023
Please indicate your preference / availability in your application!
- Adapt and deliver engaging outdoor, curriculum-linked interpretive programs for students and youth;
- Coordinate with teachers, volunteers, and educational assistants to support student learning;
Lead fun and educational, week-long spring and summer day camps, ensuring the safety and well-being of participants;
- Participate in staff training to increase knowledge of boreal and arctic ecology and to develop a communication strategy tool-kit to engage students and youth;
- Participate in evaluation of program design and delivery;
- Contribute to final reports by summarizing and evaluating all aspects of program delivery;
- Maintain equipment and materials for program delivery;
- Undertake other duties as assigned including light cleaning and maintenance as required
See full job posting here.
To apply for this job please visit www.yuwin.ca.