Each participant of the CPCIL Park Leaders Development Program is required to develop and deliver a solo presentation as part of the program residency. These presentations are designed to develop leadership communication skills, spark conversations, and may even be developed as capstone projects.
For the Fall 2018 program, presentations were required to explore an economic or leadership-related challenge or opportunity in their organization from their point of view. The presentation identified the situation, barriers and opportunities, and the participant’s role in addressing it.
The topics listed below were presented as part of the Fall 2018 residency and are exploratory in nature – they do not necessary represent an initiative of any specific park agency
Working with Indigenous Peoples:
- Buying Local: Parks Canada Agency community procurement opportunities and benefits
- Sustaining the next steps of the Indigenous Circle of Experts
- Finding ways to align consultation and engagement activities with PCA financial procedures
- How to bridge First Nations and Parks in knowledge and programming
Sustainability of specific sites:
- Parkanomics in Pukaskwa National Park: selling ourselves without selling out
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park sustaining visitor experience with multiple levels of service
- Selfie-Logs and overcrowding: Joffre Lake visitor use management
- Archipelago of dreams: Atlantic Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) protected areas.
- Half the park is after dark: Re visioning Mont-Mégantic
- Creating revenue by creating a Parks Canada Agency consultancy
- A modest proposal for managing drone-use in parks.
- Evaluating the park officer model, a pilot project
- Seeking sustainability for the mountain rescue program in Kluane National Park
- Valuing Natural Capital in Parks Canada
- Manitoba Park Infrastructure Challenges
- Valuing parks as a source of revenue.
- Financing Territorial Protected Areas in the NWT
- Saskatchewan Building Opportunities Program
- Sustaining and growing parks through partnerships